SuperSeed II Championship
14 May, 2020
superseed ii championship
Gobi Partners, in collaboration with the Malaysian Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC) proudly presents the Online Superseed II Championship.
In conjunction with the recently announced SuperSeed Fund II, we are inviting all Malaysian early stage startups to participate with a chance to secure funding of up to RM 15,000,000 collectively allocated by Gobi Partners SuperSeed Fund II and MDEC.
- Company is incorporated in Malaysia or;
- Founder is Malaysian or there is a Malaysian Shareholder or;
- The company has substantial operations in Malaysia or;
- The company has concrete plans to expand their business into Malaysia.
- Open to early stage startups ranging from Seed to Pre-Series A Rounds.
- Startups in the following key verticals will be considered for the competition:
- Retail & Enterprise (including AI, B2B, B2C, Big Data, E-commerce, and Logistics
- FinTech (including Crowdfunding, InsureTech, Mobile Payments,P2P Lending, and Robo-advisors)
- Smart Cities & Circular Economy (including Construction Solutions, e-hailing, Environment Solutions, IoT, Mobility Solutions, Public Transport Solutions)
- TaqwaTech (companies providing products and services to Muslim consumers)
- Deadline for Registration is 11:00PM, 22 June 2020 (MY Time).
Prize (Subject to Change)
- Up to RM 15,000,000* of funding from SuperSeed Fund II and a potential grant from MDEC
- A chance to attend a suitable entrepreneurship program by Alibaba Business School
- A wild card entry to Sunway Group’s iLab Accelerator Program
*Up to 15 million in funding will be made available to winning startups; amount is subject to due diligence.
64 startups will be chosen across 4 key verticals for the championship – going head to head for 4 stages of challenges that tracks the stages of startups pitching to an investor. Perseverance is key. Only 8 will be chosen as finalists and invited to pitch in-front of key industry investors.
Stay updated on the event by following the Gobi Partners social media:
About Gobi Partners
Gobi Partners is one of the first venture capital firms with a Pan-Asian presence across North Asia, South Asia, and ASEAN with over US$1.1 billion in assets under management (AUM). The firm, headquartered in Kuala Lumpur and Shanghai, supports entrepreneurs from the early to growth stages and focuses on emerging and underserved markets.
Founded in 2002, Gobi has raised 13 funds to date, invested in over 260 startups, and has grown to eleven offices across Bangkok, Beijing, Ho Chi Minh City, Hong Kong, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Lahore, Manila, Shanghai, Singapore and Tokyo.